MATCH DAY MASCOTS
WCFC Match Day Mascot Scheme
Worcester City Football Club (WCFC) is keen to open it’s doors and invite youngsters, their parents, family, and friends to experience the regular match day drama at what is the biggest, oldest, and most famous football club in the area. To this end we are offering youngsters the chance of attending our home games as our match day mascots!
This very popular and successful scheme is aimed at youngsters who can participate either as part of a group (i.e. a junior sports team or club, a school, a birthday party or other), or as an individual. The scheme is free to all youngsters of primary school age and consists of the following:
Match Day Mascot Schedule and Guidance
- 1.45pm – Arrive on foot at the Claines Lane entrance
• All Mascots & Squad Coaches (max 2 per squad) admitted for free • All other adults & Over 12s pay.
- 2pm – A short tour of the facilities takes place for Mascots & Coaches only… while parents/adults can visit the Club House Bar!
• Mascots & Coaches to meet available players & staff
Weather permitting – Pre-match penalty warm up session with No 1 City Fan…Georgie Dragon
• Pre match parental photos & filming by WCFC TV – streamed live in Club House Bar
- 2.45pm Mascots escort players onto the pitch for pre match introductions
• Watch the first half from main stands or terrace with parents
- 3.45pm Weather permitting – Half time penalty shoot-out – sudden death Penalty Champion decider, while parents/adults can re-visit the Club House Bar if desired!
• Watch second half from the main stands or terrace with parents
- 4.50pm – After match complimentary Hot Chocolate for Mascots in the Club House Bar with player autograph hunting, more parental photo opportunities, as well as Penalty Champion Presentation
In addition, there will be a free optional feature in the match day programme. Please note programmes are limited and available at £2 each
Mascots & Coaches will need to bring a change of footwear to include regular trainers/football boots, and artificial ground football boots suitable for an Artificial Turf Pitch (ATP). Regular football boots are not permitted on the ATP or in the Club House Bar
Confirmed match day arrangements are subject to postponements beyond the control of WCFC. Where this is so, alternative dates can be arranged.
Interested in participating?
If you would like to find out more about how to experience this exciting opportunity for your child(ren), their school(s), or their club(s) or team(s), etc., then please contact
Senior Coach (FA Level 2)
Worcester City FC & Worcester City FC Supporters Trust – Community Coaching Team.
Tel: 07979 725196
Herefordshire & Worcestershire - Unite The Union
Sponsor of WCFC Community Team