MATCH DAY MASCOTS
WCFC Match Day Mascot Scheme
Worcester City Football Club (WCFC) is keen to open it’s doors and invite youngsters, their parents, family, and friends to experience the regular match day drama at what is the biggest, oldest, and most famous football club in the area. To this end we are offering youngsters the chance of attending our home games as our match day mascots!
This very popular and successful scheme is aimed at youngsters who can participate either as part of a group (i.e. a junior sports team or club, a school, a birthday party or other), or as an individual. The scheme is free to all youngsters of primary school age and consists of the following:
- inc1.45pm – Arrive on foot at the Claines Lane entrance.
- All Mascots & Squad Coaches (max 2 per squad) admitted for free. All other adults & Over 12s pay.
- 2pm – A short tour of the facilities takes place for Mascots & Coaches only… while parents/adults can visit the Club House Bar!
- Visit the 3G Artificial Turf Pitch (ATP) for a pre-match penalty warm up & coaching session… meet with No 1 City Fan…Georgie Dragon.
- Pre match parental photos & filming by WCFC TV – streamed live in Club House Bar.
- 2.45pm Mascots escort players onto the pitch for pre match Fair Play introductions.
- Watch the first half from main stands or terrace with parents & coaches.
- 3.45pm Return to the 3G ATP for a shoot-out in the sudden death Penalty Champion decider… meet with No 1 City Fan…Georgie Dragon. Parents/adults can watch or re-visit the Club House Bar if desired!
- Watch second half from the main stands or terrace with parents & coaches.
- 4.50pm – After match complimentary squash drink for mascots & coaches in the Club House Bar with player autograph hunting. Please supply your own pens for autographs. More parental photo opportunities, as well as Penalty Champion Presentation.
- In addition, there will be a free optional feature in the match day programme. Please also note that programmes are limited and available at £2 each… early purchase is therefore strongly recommended.
Alternatively, programmes can be reserved in advance upon booking confirmation.
- Mascots & Coaches will need to arrive in kit and bring a change of footwear to include regular trainers and artificial ground football boots suitable for an Artificial Turf Pitch (ATP), see WFA user footwear guidance as supplied separately. Regular football boots are not permitted on the ATP or in the Club House Bar. Unclean footwear is not permitted on the APT.
- Matchday arrangements are subject to changes/postponements beyond the control of WCFC. Where this is so, we apologise in advance and ask you to note that alternative dates can be arranged, if required.
Furthermore, to avoid unnecessary travel, we recommend that Coaches check the WCFC website for any match cancellation prior to setting off.
- All visitors accompanying mascots are advised to purchase match-day tickets and parking spaces via the club website, in advance during the week leading up to the fixture. All Match-Day information including parking & entry can be found on the club website
- WCFC reserve the right to host more than one mascot group at any home game.
Match Day Mascot Schedule and Guidance
Please note that Worcester City FC lease the ground from The Worcestershire FA who have a strict policy on footwear use on the pitch and anyone not wearing the appropriate footwear will not be allowed on the pitch.
WCFCST have supplied a limited amount of boots which can be used by anyone who does not have the correct footwear but can’t guarantee we can cater for everyone.
If anyone has any of the permitted footwear that they would like to donate to WCFCST which can then be used by other people, please get in touch.
Interested in participating?
If you would like to find out more about how to experience this exciting opportunity for your child(ren), their school(s), or their club(s) or team(s), etc., then please contact
Senior Coach (FA Level 2)
Worcester City FC & Worcester City FC Supporters Trust – Community Coaching Team.
Tel: 07979 725196
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact-us page on this website.